Santal Pargana College, Dumka offers two years intermediate/10+2 courses in three streams
– arts, science and commerce as recognized by Jharkhand Academic Council (JAC).
Structure of Course:
According to the curriculum based on C.B.S.E each student of Intermediate (Arts,
Science and Commerce) have to opt among the following subject:
- For the students of arts and commerce stream, study of one among the following languages is mandatory:
- Hindi Core ‘A’ for Hindi speaking students (100 marks)
- Hindi Core ‘B’ for Non-Hindi speaking students with Bangla, Urdu,
Santali, Maithaili or Alternate English (50 + 50 marks)
- For the students of science stream, English Core (100 marks) is compulsory.
For Arts stream:
- Elective Languages: any one of these: - Hindi, English, Bangla, Urdu, Sanskrit, Maithaili and Santali.
- Optionals: any three of the following:
- Political Science
- Additional Papers: Student can choose any subject among listed
on (1) and (2), but not the same language already taken as elective.
For Science stream:
- Compulsory: Except of one compulsory language (English Core), student
shall study another two subjects - Physics and Chemistry.
- Optionals: Any two subjects among these:
- Additional Papers: Any one among the above mentioned subjects expect
practical subjects or any language among Hindi, English, Bangla, Urdu, Sanskrit,
Maithaili and Santali. But the same language cannot be taken as elective and core.
For Commerce Stream:
- Compulsory: For the students of Intermediate (Commerce) 11th and
12th except of one compulsory language, a student shall study these two compulsory
subjects – Accountancy and Business Studies.
- Optionals: Any two of the following subjects:
- Commercial Arithmetic
- Commercial Mathematics & Statistics
- Additional Papers (for 2nd year students only): any one among the above mentioned
subjects or any language among Hindi, English, Bangla, Urdu, Sanskrit, Maithaili
and Santali. But the same language cannot be taken as elective and core.
The maximum mark of each theory paper is 100 and passing marks are 23 and 10 for
theory and practical papers respectively and 33 for theory only papers. All students of 1st year, I.A./I.Sc/I.Com
shall take on the annual examination. After passing the examination, they will be
promoted for admission in 2nd year of the course.